Dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 13th International Conference on Credit Risk Evaluation Designed for Institutional Targeting in finance.
The objective of the Conference is to bring together academics, practitioners and PhD students working in the area of risk management. The conference this year focuses on The New Financial Regulatory System: Challenges and Consequences for the Financial Sector and will provide an opportunity for participants engaged in research at the forefront of this area to discuss both the causes and implications of recent events in financial markets and may, in turn, suggest fruitful directions for future research. The Conference is the thirteenth of a series dedicated to various aspects of credit risk.
The co-sponsors of the Conference are GRETA Associati (Venice, Italy), Research Center SAFE at Goethe University Frankfurt (Frankfurt, Germany), Intesa Sanpaolo (Milan, Italy) and SYRTO - SYstemic Risk TOmography, a project funded by the European Union under the 7th Framework Programme (FP7-SSH/2007-2013) Grant Agreement n° 320270. The Conference is organised under the auspices of the Department of Economics of the University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, ABI - Italian Banking Association and European Investment Bank Institute.
The organizers encourage submissions of papers on any topic within the overall theme of the conference and in the following areas in particular:
- Banking regulation: Banking union, Design of supervisory institutions and processes, Regulatory instruments;
- Credit Risk and Stress testing: Counterparty risk, Credit and Liquidity, Stressed credit risk measures, Feedback effects or second round effects, Firm wide stress testing, Multivariate extreme events, Tail dependence;
- New development in the banking markets: Banking business models, Shadow banking, Response to regulatory changes;
- Financial markets regulation: CCP, Transaction taxes, Decentralized trades and Systemic risk;
- Risk disclosure: homogeneity and comparison of risk measures: Data integration and validation, Risks integration, Effectiveness of Pillar 3 disclosure.
The final program will include both submitted and invited papers. Acceptances received from invited speakers include Franklin Allen (University of Pennsylvania & Imperial College London), Ignazio Angeloni (ECB), Thierry Foucault (HEC Paris). The Conference will also feature a panel discussion on researchers' and practitioners' views of the major outstanding problems.
The Scientific Committee
Jan Pieter Krahnen, Goethe University & SAFE, Programme Chair
Monica Billio, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice & GRETA, Venice
Steven Ongena, University of Zurich
Stephen Schaefer, London Business School
Kenneth Singleton, Stanford University
The Local Organisers
Davide Alfonsi, Intesa Sanpaolo
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice & GRETA
Gropp, Goethe University & SAFE
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Goethe University, SAFE & GRETA
Domenico Sartore, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice & GRETA